Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 22, 2014

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal


I love making breakfast on Sundays that I Can reheat the remainder of the work week.  If you don't have almond milk, you can use cow's milk.  No Demerara sugar?  No problem - use brown sugar.  I like to cut it into 10 servings, then heat them individually and top with Greek Yogurt.  Calories:  186, Protein 5.4 Grams, Carbs 36.3 Grams, Fat 4.2 Grams.


2 Cup Steel Oats
1 Tbl Butter
4 Cups Boiling Water
3 Tsp Cinnamon
6 Cups Granny Smith Apples, Diced
1/4 Cup Demerara Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
2 1/2 Cups Almond Milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Set aside.

Melt butter in a skillet.

Add oats and stir until lightly toasted.

Put oats in a large mixing bowl.

Pour boiling water over them.

Add apples brown sugar and salt - stir to combine.

Add cinnamon and milk and stir again.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 55 minutes until browned and set.

No comments :

Post a Comment