Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 14, 2014

Beet Chips

We get beets with our CSA.  Hubby will eat them in brownies and occasionally grilled.  He asked me to make beet chips with our first supply this year.  How hard can it be, right?  Here's what to do:

Cut the stem and the root off of the beet.  Scrub with a stiff brush.  I did not peel mind, you may if you prefer.  Slice into even slices - I used a mandolin.

Heat about 1 inch of oil to 350 degrees.

Drop one at a time in the oil, being careful not to crowd.

Cook for 3 minutes - they burn quickly.  Even if you like dark chips, I don't suggest it with beets, they get bitter.

Remove to paper towels.

Put in a bowl, salt/pepper to taste, enjoy (hubby did)!

No comments :

Post a Comment