Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 13, 2014

Healthy, Filling Breakfast

I recently started a fitness program.  Along with the exercise, there was a meal plan.  It is not a meal plan that includes protein powder, boxed meals or lots of artificial food.  It is a 'calculate your calorie needs and eat from the following groups'.  I have to admit, I don't come close to eating all that I can eat.  Just this breakfast makes me full for HOURS.  Don't like spinach?  No problem, use tomato.

For one, you'll need:

4 Slices Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Spinach
2 Large eggs, beaten
1 Slice Whole grain toast
Hot sauce

In a medium non stick or cast iron skillet, cook the bacon.

When crisp, remove to a paper towel. To the skillet, add the spinach.

Cook until wilted.

Add the eggs to the spinach and put the bread in the toaster.

Scramble the eggs with the spinach. Put the toast on the plate, top with bacon.

Add as much hot sauce as you like and then top with the egg/spinach scramble.

No comments :

Post a Comment