Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 26, 2014

Spiced Plum Jam

This has become Hubby's favorite jam.  This is the first time I have made a jam two years in a row at HIS request.

5 Cups Purple Plums - prepared as below
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Water
7 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Pouch Liquid Pectin

Wash, pit and cube plums.

Put into a blender and chop.

When you have 5 cups, add water and juice. Pulse to mix.  Pour into a pan and bring to a low boil.

Add sugar and spices.

Bring to a rolling boil.  Add Pectin, return to a rolling boil, boil for 1 minute.

Put into prepared jelly jars.  Process in a water bath for 10 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment