Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 9, 2014

Eggplant Parmesan

Usually, I make the eggplant marinara sauce.  Although it can be made with or without meat, I wanted meatless this time and decided parmesan was in order.  Peeling or not peeling is up to you - I use small eggplants and choose not to peel.

1 Small to Medium Eggplant
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3 Cups Marinara Sauce
1 Pkg Sliced Mozzarella (usually 10 to a pack)
1/3 Cup Parmesan

Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a colander or on a cooling rack over a pan.  Salt generously and let stand 30 minutes.  Rinse and pat dry.

In a bowl, place beaten eggs.  In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs and parmesan.  Heat oil in a heavy skillet.  Dip eggplant into egg, dredge through breadcrumbs and place in pan.  Cook 2 minutes per side and drain on paper towels.

When all eggplant is cooked, heat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat the bottom of a baking pan with marinara sauce.  Arrange the eggplant in the bottom of the pan.  Top each with 1/2 to 1 slice of mozzarella and additional Parmesan, if desired.

Pour sauce over all.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.

No comments :

Post a Comment