Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 7, 2014

Broccoli Soup - Hiding Others

I had broccoli from a CSA.  I also had Cauliflower.  Hubby isn't fond of Cauliflower and I can only eat so much on my own.  I made soup and the broccoli hid the cauliflower quite nicely.  I used pepper jack cheese.

4 Tbl Butter
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
7 Cups Broccoli, Chopped
1 Cup Cauliflower, Chopped
1 Cup Carrots, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 Tbl Flour
4 Cup Beef Stock
1/2 Cup Cream
1 Cup Shredded Cheese

Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant - about 1 minute.  Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and sautee for 4 to 5 minutes.  Add flour and cook for another minute or two.  Add stock, bring to a boil.  Simmer until vegetables are tender.  Add cream and puree with an immersion blender.

No comments :

Post a Comment