Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 20, 2015

LHJ Peanut Blossoms


Continuing through the LHJ recipes - Peanut Blossoms.  The recipe calls for chocolate kisses, I used dark chocolate peanut butter cups.



1 3/4 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (Jif)
1 Large Egg
2 Tbl Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
48 Chocolate Kisses, Unwrapped

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixer bowl, stir flour, soda and Salt.  Add remaining ingredients except candy and beat at low speed of mixer until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally.  Chill dough for 30 minutes (I did not).

Roll small amounts of dough into 1 inch balls.  Place on an engrossed cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until light brown.  Remove from oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss in each cookie and remove to a cooling rack.

No comments :

Post a Comment