Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 6, 2015

Shalom Cardigan

Up until December 2014, I had knit exactly one project - a sweater.  If you have looked at previous programs, you know that I crochet.  Large things.  Often.  A crocheting friend is expanding her knitting skills and invited me to join her in a knitting class at our local knit shop.   It's Easy she said.  SOOOOO...

On December 13, I found myself at Little Owls Knit Shop in Lemoyne knitting this cardigan (Pattern from Revelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shalom-cardigan)

I LOVED it - after the first class, I found myself looking at the class schedule looking for another project.  That is when I learned that the sweater was intermediate.  What does this tell me (and you)?

1.  Don't be intimidated by a project.
2.  Don't even LOOK at the difficulty level.
3.  Find a local group of fellow knitters that can support you when you run into a hiccup.
4.  Find sites that offer videos for those late knitting nights that mean you really shouldn't bother your                         support group.
5.  Don't be afraid to rip out and start again.
6.  Once you finish a project, if you post it, you will start receiving requests.
7.  Ravelry is addicting.
8.  Check out Little Owls Knit Shop - in person or online.

No comments :

Post a Comment