Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 8, 2015

Chicken and Dumplings

I hope we are done with the cold snaps for this winter, but just in case, this casserole is very warming.  I cooked the chicken breast in a slow cooker so it was ready to chop for the casserole.



3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
32 Ounces Chicken Stock
16 Ounce Frozen Peas and Carrots mixture
4 Cups Chicken, Cooked and Chopped
2 Cups Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
2/3 Cup Milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.

Melt butter in a large pan.  Add garlic and sauté 1 to 2 minutes.  Add salt, pepper and flour.  Slowly add stock, a little at a time, whisking constantly to keep smooth.  Add frozen vegetables, cook for 5 minutes.  Add chopped chicken.  Pour into pan.

Mix together biscuit mix and milk.  Drop by spoonfuls onto casserole making 12 dumplings.  Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment