Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 6, 2015

Scalloped Potatoes - Who says you need onion?

I usually only make Au Gratin Potatoes - who doesn't like cheese?  That, and all of the scalloped potatoes recipes I have found had onion.  Then I read a book titled Garlic and Sapphires - it included recipes.  The scalloped potatoes there did not have onions, so I tried to make an onion free version myself.  You know what?  It worked.



1 Clove garlic
1 Tbl Butter
2 Cups Half and Half
1/2 Cup Milk
Salt
Pepper
2 Lbs Potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Rub garlic all over the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish, mince any remaining garlic.  Coat thickly with butter.  Set aside.

Combine the half and half and milk in a saucepan.  Heat until just about to boil.  Season with salt, pepper and minced garlic.

Arrange the sliced potatoes in layers in the pan.  Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes.  Bake uncovered for approximately 1 hour or until potatoes are soft.  Remove from oven and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment