Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 8, 2015

Italian Sausage Soup

Our local grocery store has bulk deals on meat that sometimes have lower prices with a certain size grocery order.  Recently, it was Italian sausage.  I like pasta, but I didn't want pasta all week.  Enter this soup.  There is no need to thaw or drain the spinach.


1 Lb Ground Italian Sausage - I like hot
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tsp Basil
1 Tsp Oregano
10 Ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach 
15 Ounces Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
15 Ounces Black Beans, drained and rinsed
15 Ounces Petite Diced Tomatoes 
4 Cups Beef Broth

Cook sausage until brown, chop well.   Drain, return to pan and add garlic and basil.  Cook until fragrant.  Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until hot.

Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy with Texas Toast.

No comments :

Post a Comment