Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 8, 2016

Coconut Chicken


Baked, crispy and delicious.  I used the Spicy Mango Chutney, but you may use what you prefer.  However, the spicy chutney I used did not live up to 'spicy' - in my taste, but everyone's taste is different.

3/4 Cup Crushed Multigrain Club Crackers
1/2 Cup Flaked Coconut
9 Ounces mango Chutney
4 Tbl Lime Juice
1 Tsp Curry Powder
4 Chicken Thighs
2 Cups Frozen Peas
1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Line shallow pan with non stick foil.

Place crackers in a large zip top bag and crush.  Add coconut and mix well.  

In a small bowl, combine the chutney, juice and curry powder.  Remove 1/4 cup of the chutney mixture and set aside.  Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, in the remaining chutney mixture then place in bag with the crumbs.  Repeat with the remaining chicken, seal the bag and shake to coat.  

Place chicken on pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until they are done.  Watch for the last 15 minutes and cover with foil if it starts to get too dark.

Cook peas and rice per directions, stir together and then stir in remaining chutney.  

No comments :

Post a Comment