Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 28, 2016

Pinto Bean Stew

I find soaking to be optional - sort the beans well.  If you do soak the beans, KEEP the water you soak them in and use it as part of the 6 cups in the recipe.  



1 Pound Dry Pinto Beans
6 Cups water
2 Tbl Minced Scallion
1 Cup Bell Pepper, diced
3/4 Cup Sliced Carrot
2 Cups Frozen Corn, thawed
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tbl Chili Powder
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tbl Lime Juice
1 1/2 Tsp Salt

Combine all ingredients except juice and salt in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Keep an eye on the liquid and add HOT water if the liquid drops below the beans.  Half an hour before serving, add lime juice.  Taste.  Add salt if necessary.

No comments :

Post a Comment